beef, broccolini and quinoa salad
- 1 cup (200g) white quinoa
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 1 x 3cm piece (15g) fresh ginger, sliced
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 600g beef eye fillet, trimmed and tied
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ½ cup (40g) unsalted cashews
- 2 x 175g bunches broccolini, trimmed
- baby shiso leaves+, to serve (optional)
- ½ cup (125ml) coconut milk
- ¼ cup (60ml) lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). To make the coconut dressing, place the coconut milk, lime juice and grated ginger in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place the quinoa, water and ginger slices in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, discard the ginger and allow the quinoa to stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and set aside to cool completely.
- Heat a char-grill pan over high heat. Place the chilli flakes, oil and garlic in a small bowl and mix to combine. Brush the beef and broccolini with half the chilli mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook the beef, turning, for 6 minutes or until well browned. Place on a roasting tray with the cashews and remaining chilli oil. Roast in the oven for 15–20 minutes for medium rare. Set aside and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Cook the broccolini in the char-grill pan for 2–4 minutes each side or until lightly charred and tender. Place the quinoa, broccolini and cashews in a bowl and toss to combine. Thinly slice the beef and serve with the quinoa salad, baby shiso leaves and coconut dressing. Serves 4
+ Micro herbs are available from some supermarkets, greengrocers and farmer’s markets.
There are no comments for this entry yet.