chicken and herb risoni
- 2½ cups (625ml) chicken stock
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g risoni
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 marinated artichokes, quartered
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra, to serve
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x 180g chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 cup basil leaves, to serve
- Place the stock, tomato, garlic, risoni, salt and pepper in a saucepan over high heat, cover and bring to the boil. Uncover, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, for 8–10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from heat, add the artichoke, cover and stand for 3–4 minutes. Stir through the parmesan and set aside.
- While the risoni is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for 5–6 minutes each sideor until cooked through.
- Place the chopped herbs, vinegar and remaining oil in a bowl and mix to combine. Divide the risoni and chicken between plates and top with the herb sauce, extra parmesan and basil to serve. Serves 4
donna hay team
Hi Netta, no problem to just leave it out, or you could add baby spinach leaves or blanched asparagus. Enjoy! The DH team
What could i use instead of artichokes?