power greens and ricotta baked eggs
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g cavolo nero (Tuscan kale), trimmed and halved
- 3 cups (60g) baby spinach leaves
- 6 sprigs lemon thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 cup (240g) fresh ricotta
- 4 eggs
- baguette, to serve
- Preheat grill (broiler) to high heat. Heat the oil in an 18cm non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic and cavolo nero and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until just wilted. Add the spinach, thyme, lemon rind, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute or until the spinach starts to wilt. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon over the ricotta and crack the eggs into the mixture. Cook under the grill for 3 minutes or until the eggs are just set. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve with the baguette. Serves 2.
There are no comments for this entry yet.