kale, pumpkin and sage quinoa pasta
- 1kg butternut pumpkin (squash), peeled, deseeded and cut into 2cm cubes
- 5 cloves garlic (with skins on)
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch sage leaves
- ½ cup (80g) almonds, roughly chopped
- 400g multigrain penne with quinoa+
- ¾ cup (195g) basil pesto
- 200g kale, trimmed and leaves shredded
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the pumpkin, garlic, salt, pepper and half the oil in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Place on a large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Place the sage, almond and remaining oil in a medium bowl and toss to coat.
- Add the sage mixture to the tray with the pumpkin and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender and sage is crispy.
- Squeeze the garlic out of their skins and mash with a fork. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 6 minutes or until al dente. Remove from the heat. Drain, reserving 1½ cups (375ml) of the cooking liquid.
- Return the pasta and cooking liquid to the pan. Add the pesto, garlic, pumpkin mixture, kale, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Divide between bowls to serve. Serves 4.
+ Find quinoa penne in health food stores.
There are no comments for this entry yet.