with chickpeas and fennel
- 1 medium (380g) fennel bulb, trimmed and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can chickpeas (garbanzos), rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- 4 x 220g chicken marylands, skin on
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup oregano leaves
- store-bought dukkah, to serve
- Preheat oven to 250°C (485°F).
- Place the fennel, garlic, chickpeas, paprika, salt and pepper in a deep-sided roasting pan. Add the stock and cream and mix to combine.
- Brush the chicken with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on top of the fennel mixture. Cook for 20 minutes or until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Sprinkle with the oregano and dukkah to serve. Serves 4.
I have made this recipe about 5 times and it never fails to disappoint. It’s a winner, easy to make and delicious flavors with the paprika and fennel. 5/5 from me!
I got this recipe from one of DH mag and now its a weekly dish. Absolutely magical and so easy to make. Xx