roasted haloumi and dill crumbed fish
- 1 cup (100g) panko (Japanese) breadcrumbs
- 2 cups (260g) grated haloumi
- 600g firm white fish, cut into large strips+
- 1 cup (300g) whole egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ½ cup dill leaves, chopped, plus extra to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the breadcrumbs and haloumi in a large bowl and mix to combine. Brush the fish with half of the mayonnaise and press to coat into the crumb mixture.
- Place on a large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 12–15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Place the dill and remaining mayonnaise in a small bowl and mix to combine. Sprinkle the fish with salt, pepper and the extra dill and serve with the dill mayonnaise. Serves 4
TIPS + TRICKS:
+ We used snapper, but you can use any firm white fish you prefer.
Photography: Ben Dearnley
There are no comments for this entry yet.