spicy tamarind salmon
with bok choy and almonds
- ¼ cup (85g) tamarind paste+
- 2 tablespoons Asian chilli jam
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 4 x 180g skinless salmon fillets
- 10 whole dried chillies
- ½ cup (80g) almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 bunches baby bok choy
- red-vein sorrel leaves and steamed brown rice, to serve
- Place the tamarind, chilli jam and stock in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the salmon and cook for 2 minutes, turn and add the chilli and almond and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour the tamarind mixture over the salmon. Top with the bok choy, cover with a lid and cook for 2 minutes or until tender. Top with the sorrel and serve with steamed brown rice. Serves 4.
+ Tamarind paste is available in the Asian section of the supermarket.
There are no comments for this entry yet.