tomato, crispy chorizo, gnocchi and oregano soup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 sprigs oregano
- 2 fresh chorizo sausages, cases removed, roughly chopped
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons brown (light brown) sugar
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 500g baby gnocchi
- Heat the oil in a large shallow saucepan over high heat. Add the oregano and cook for 30 seconds or until crisp. Remove and set aside.
- Add the chorizo and cook, breaking up any lumps with the back of a spoon, for 6–8 minutes or until crisp. Remove and set aside. Add the tomato, stock, sugar, salt and pepper to the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes or until reduced slightly. Using a hand-held blender, roughly blend. Return to heat, add the gnocchi and cook for 3 minutes.
- Divide between bowls and top with the chorizo and oregano to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.