crispy caper, prawn and chilli pasta
- 600g peeled green (raw) prawns (shrimp), chopped
- 2 long green chillies, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (50g) baby capers, rinsed and drained
- 400g tagliatelle
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups (30g) watercress, to serve
- micro (baby) mint leaves, to serve (optional)
- Place the prawn, chilli, lemon rind, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the capers and cook for 30 seconds or until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove the capers and set aside. Add the prawn mixture to the pan and cook, tossing, for 3–4 minutes or until just cooked.
- While the prawns are cooking, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 4 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup (125ml) of the cooking water. Add the pasta, cooking water and lemon juice to the prawns and toss to coat.
- Divide between bowls and serve with the watercress and mint, if using. Serves 4
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.