moroccan couscous with spiced chicken
- 1 cup (200g) couscous
- 1½ cups (375ml) hot chicken stock
- 20g butter
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 x 200g chicken breast fillets, trimmed and sliced
- olive oil, for brushing
- 1 tablespoon za’atar
- 120g marinated feta
- Place the couscous in a bowl and pour over the boiling stock. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside until the stock has absorbed.
- Stir through the butter. Stir through the mint, parsley, pomegranate, orange rind, salt and pepper.
- To cook the chicken, heat a frying pan over medium heat. Brush the chicken with oil and sprinkle with za’atar. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until chicken is cooked through.
- Place couscous on serving plates and top with chicken and feta to serve. Serves 2
There are no comments for this entry yet.