quinoa-crumbed schnitzels with prosciutto and sage
- 8 sage leaves
- 4 x 150g veal schnitzel steaks
- 8 slices prosciutto
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- plain (all-purpose) flour, for dusting
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (380g) cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- mashed potato, rocket (arugula) leaves and lemon wedges, to serve
- Press a sage leaf onto each side of the schnitzels and top with the prosciutto slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, dust in the flour, dip into the egg and press into the quinoa, shaking to remove excess.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat, add the schnitzels and cook for 3–4 minutes each side or until cooked through and golden. Serve with mashed potato, rocket leaves and lemon wedges. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.