sticky chilli glazed beef with shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x 225g sirloin steaks
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 150g shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Asian chilli jam
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 160g bunch snake beans, trimmed, chopped and blanched
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- micro (baby) purple shiso leaves, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper. Cook, turning halfway, for 4–5 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the pan, set aside and keep warm.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for 1–2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the pan. Add the chilli jam, kecap manis, sesame oil and water and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until reduced and sticky.
- Divide the snake beans, rice and mushrooms between plates. Slice the steaks and add to plates. Top with shiso and spoon over the glaze to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.